Sunday, September 29, 2013

One Proud Momma

Yesterday, B did some incredible things that I just want to take a moment and brag on him. =)

First, we went to a birthday party for one of his buddies.  When we first walked in, we saw a super tall rock wall. B immediately said, "WHOA! I am NOT doing that!"...couple of hours later, here he was...
 
He quickly mastered the "easy" side, so I got him to attempt the "medium" difficulty...

 
 We were SOO proud of him and it was so precious to see how proud he was of himself too.
 
After we got home from the party, B was very anxious to try out his new "Rainbow Loom" kit that I got him the night before.  It is one of the newest fads going around our school, they are basically colorful, rubber band bracelets...and he has been OBSESSED with it all week! He opened the box and got out the directions...they were complicated to say the least!!! B tried and tried and just could not figure it out, but he didn't give up. =) He asked for my help and I could not even understand the directions myself!! I suggested he check out youtube for some instructional videos...so he sat at the kitchen table for hours and hours and HOURS watching youtube (pausing every few seconds so he could keep up with the video). I gave up and went to bed while J stayed downstairs with him.  I honestly have no idea how late he stayed up working on trying to figure out how to make these bracelets. J ended up falling asleep himself, so B basically got to stay up as late as he wanted. =)  To my surprise, when I woke up the next morning, B had made THREE bracelets all on his own. With determination, he figured out how to make them all on his own...not an easy task and I honestly don't think I would have been able to do it myself!  So proud of him!!  
 

Now he has a new obsession and is constantly wanting to make more and more bracelets. We already had to go back to Michaels today to buy more rubber bands. =)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...