Sunday, September 8, 2013

Summer 2013

I have been meaning to put an "end of summer" post together for the last few weeks and somehow with back to school activities, time and energy have just slipped away from me. I thought it would be great to have one post that has a few of our summer photos and memories, for us to look back on.

B started the summer off with a week long camping trip with my parents and sisters. He had a BLAST fishing, boating, riding the tube, swimming, grilling and making smores.
 
Jason and I spent our 1 year anniversary at the Gaylord Texan.
 
Thanks to some great friends, we also went out to eat at various fancy restaurants to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday.  We had a great time trying new places and definitely remembered each person that helped make our dinners possible. =)
 
My mom, one of my sisters and me took a day trip to Tishomingo, OK to visit the Pink Pistol...Miranda Lambert's store...of course we each had to get our picture taken with the life size Blake Shelton. =)
 
B spent a week at my parent's house to go to Vacation Bible School at their church...he came back completely EXHAUSTED!!
His version of "unpacking" his suitcase...he unzipped it, then conked out!
 
We attempted to take some pictures of the Blue Moon.
 
B played on an indoor soccer team for the first time ever and ABSOLUTELY LOVED it!! He loved the fast pace of indoor and J and I LOVED watching him. We definitely felt like we were constantly on the edge of our seats cheering him on. =)
 
Although I didn't get it captured on video, one of the games, he scored the winning goal in the last 4 seconds of the game! We were SOO proud of him!!
 After each of B's soccer games we visited our princess. =)
 
We spent lots of time going to the community pool...
 
 We also had several (maybe too many) lazy days of watching movies and playing video games. =)
Lilly sure enjoyed having us home each day. =)
 
One thing I did not get to take a picture of is our visit to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Fort Worth. We took a tour of the money factory where they make millions of dollars each day! It was VERY cool!! I highly recommend it, if you are ever in the area.  We just happened to go the last week of July which is one of three "craft demonstration weeks" that they have each year. It made our visit even more special because we got to actually talk to people that work in the factory and they were able to demonstrate up close how money has been made over the years. We were also able to see the new 100 dollar bill that will not be in circulation until October. This is a great field trip even for adults!
 
B and I had a last minute mommy/son getaway with our good friends. We headed down south to Galveston the week before school started for me.  B had soo much fun playing in the ocean waves! We hope to go again next year!
B was AMAZED by the palm trees. =) 
Attempting to surf on his boogie board.
 
Special thanks to J for letting us go as he stayed home, going to work each day, and taking care of our 4 legged princess, Lilly.
 
 As I went back to school, B spent his last week of summer camping again with my parents and oldest sister.  He had a great time learning to play various card games, swimming in the lake and fishing. Here is a pic of him "fishing" (more napping) with my dad. =)
 
B and I had a great, relaxing summer! Unfortunately J had to work ALL summer and didn't get to do a lot of the things with us, but we did get to go and meet him for lunch a few times. =)  Hopefully, next summer he will get to take a few days off.  =)
post signature
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...