Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to the Man I love...

  One year ago, we had NO idea all of the things we would have to overcome within our first year of marriage.

Survived J being unemployed for 5 months.
Training our 4 legged princess, Lilly (actually still working on this one). =)
Shared the exciting news with B and our parents that we were expecting a sweet baby.
Finding out we were expecting a sweet, perfect lil girl.
J losing his wedding ring.
J going through the ups/downs of job interviews and finaly getting a new job that he is very happy with. =)
Repainting/redecorating all three bedrooms.
Me having to be on strict bed rest for 7 weeks (causing J to play both roles of mommy/daddy and having one of my parents live with us throughout each of those weeks).
The joy of the birth of our sweet angel, Ava.
Having to say goodbye to our sweet angel, Ava.
Planning the "home going" celebration for our princess.
Finding a new church that we are happy with.

I hesitate on sharing the following information because I fear that it will show what an inadequate job I am doing as a new wife, but I decided J deserves all the credit in the world and he deserves for me to brag how truly wonderful he has been to B and me...even if it reveals what a poor job I am doing at being his wife. 

I LOVE how he cooks and plates my dinner for me (really any meal we eat at home).  Often times I have my meal completed before he even has a chance to sit down and eat (after he fixes our drinks, B's plate (which is usually a different meal) and his own plate)...part of that could be because I'm a teacher and we are trained to scarf our meals down quickly. =) I LOVE how he goes out to buy me ice cream at 10:00 at night, just because it sounds yummy.  I LOVE how he folds our clothes with precision. I LOVE that he plays soccer with B even though football is more his style. I LOVE that he loves me and thinks I'm beautiful even with the extra weight on me. =) I LOVE the way he makes brownies and grills some yummy turkey burgers. I LOVE that he puts up with my mood swings. =) I LOVE that he doesn't expect us to have the cleanest house on the block. I LOVE that he helps me dry and straighten my hair when I'm in a hurry. (He thinks he does a better job combing my hair than my "hot comb"/flat iron). I LOVE that he doesn't get too annoyed with my "controlling" tendancies. I LOVE how he is willing to watch and play video games with B.  I LOVE that he wakes up and takes care of Lilly every morning (and feeds, bathes and brushes her.) I LOVE that he is okay with eating Taco Cabana three days in a row (and has all of our salsa condiments down to a science when getting it to go). I LOVE his laid back attitude and "calmness" he has about himself.  I LOVE that he takes B to Dave and Busters to play when I need some time to myself. I really could go on and on about all the things I LOVE about him but most importantly, I LOVE how he always puts up with me....including me with all my cRaZy pregnancy/postpartum/grief hormones. Everything hasn't always been peaches and cream this last year, but we learn from our experiences and it only makes us stronger as individualas and as a couple. I LOVE with him all my heart and I am SOO thankful he is apart of our life. I can't imagine my life with anyone else!  As you can see, I am one lucky gal. =)

Happy Anniversary J!
I LOVE YOU and can't wait to spend many more anniversaries with you!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...