Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ava's Room Part 1

Recently I showed you the preparation that went into Ava's room. If you missed that post, you can check it out here.  Well, here is a tour of Ava's finished room part 1. . .starting with the right side:
 
This is a sign I purchased after Ava passed away. I needed something on her dresser and I thought the message was perfect! We keep her door open and I LOVE that this is what I see each time I walk out of our room and into the hallway.
 

On top of her dresser is a diaper cake that one of my best friends made for Ava's baby shower. Pink "Miracle Bubbles" that we got from the March of Dimes walk. The pink owl holding the pinwheels is another addition I purchased after Ava passed away. Originally, I got it, just because it was pink and cute, not knowing how I would use it. Then I realized it would be a perfect holder to store all of  the pinwheels for her monthly birthdays. =)  We also have her sound machine on top of her dresser.



We always leave the blinds open so the sun can shine through. =) On the nightstand is a few special items. On the bottom is a basket.  My mom sewed the liner to match her bedding, we were storing extra diapers in it. On top of the nightstand is a lamp I made to match her bedding along with a special Willow Tree angel and a metal angel from my oldest sister. Also, a special book that we received as a gift called Mommy, Please Don't Cry: There Are No Tears in Heaven


Ava's bedding. . . my mom made her blanket and my friend's mom made the bumper and crib skirt.
B had a mobile on his crib so I wanted Ava to have one too, this one is from Pottery Barn Kids. My mom made the yellow pillow in the crib too.

Angel wings with Love...since we moved her "Ava canvas" out into the hallway for her memorial wall, we needed something else in its place. I found these angel wings at Hobby Lobby and thought they would be PERFECT! Now, Ava will always be able to watch over her future baby brother/sister as they sleep in her crib.
Ava's diaper stacker, still full of her tiny newborn diapers. I had a diaper stacker when I was a baby so I had got one for B.  I wanted to continue the tradition on with Ava, so my friend's mom made it for us to match her bedding.
A pink minky blanket my mom sewed for Ava. . .it is SOO soft!!!

I couldn't find a pink and brown Boppy cover that I liked, so my mom sewed one for us using a pattern we found off Pinterest and some super soft pink minky fabric.  This is one of the few items we were able to actually use with Ava.

Over her door is an antique angel that I had over my door when I was growing up.  Also, her bow holder that I made for her to match her bedding.

Now at the end of her crib, next to her diaper stacker, we have a bucket full of memorial/tribute items to use over the next few months/year.
 
Stay tuned for part 2 (the other side of Ava's room). =)
 
Thanks for following along with us,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...