Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Happy 1 Month Birthday and Angelversary Ava!

Ava's would be 1 Month Birthday 4/11/13. . .
Sunday night (before her birthday/angelversary) when B couldn't go to sleep, I had told him we had a couple of things to look forward to celebrating the coming week. Thursday would be Ava's 1 Month Birthday and Friday would be her 1 Month Angelversary. So first thing he did on the morning of what would be her fist month birthday, was ask me if it was time to celebrate Ava's birthday. I told him he had to get ready for school first, then we would do something special. He quickly got ready and then he ate his breakfast.  As he ate, we read a verse from our Charlie Jar and reflected on it. Thankfully, J and B had some spare time before it was time for them to head out for the morning so I got our special items that we were going to place in our front flower bed in rememberance of Ava. First we placed a cute, garden angel next to a pinwheel that we have had out there for the last month.
I just LOVE this cute lil angel!
I am so obsessed with it, I have gone to two of the local Hobby Lobby's to buy all the ones they have, plus looked online to see if I could get more. . . gotta have a back up in case something happens to it.  I couldn't find it online, but thankfully, I still have two more Hobby Lobby's I can check out. =)
 
Then B placed a small pinwheel in between our gerber daisies we had planted.  I had found this cute idea on another blog. We will place one small pinwheel for each month birthday, until she is 1 year old. Then we will switch to a big pinwheel for each year. Hopefully, it will give us a lil something to look forward to each month/year. It's also a refreshing sight to see and reflect on when we have to take Lilly outside. =)
 
Later in the morning, I went to one of our local speciality grocery stores that has a really nice flower shop inside of it. I checked to see if they sell pink helium balloons for our balloon launch the next day and came across these beautiful pink gerber daisies. . .
I LOVE having these pink gerber daises in the house! =) They match Ava's room perfectly! They are pink on top and a pale yellow on the bottom.  I know it sounds so simple, but they give me a smile.  We just might always have a vase of pink gerber daises in the house now.
 
While B was still in school, I went to visit our princess. B's soccer practice was switched to this night, so our schedules didn't work out for us to go visit her as a family. While we were at soccer, J went to go have his special time with Ava. I am so thankful we are so close to her and can go visit as often as we would like. =)

Ava's 1 Month Angelversary 4/12/13. . .
B woke up asking if it was time to celebrate Ava's Angelversary. I told him not until the evening, so he was a lil disappointed.  He was ready to start celebrating, but instead he had to go on with his normal morning routine and head off to school. =)

Normally after the boys go to school/work, I go back to sleep for a few more hours, but this day I could only go back to sleep for an hour then I had to get up and get ready. My parents were coming into town to take me to McKinney Trade Days (a monthly local flea market) so I needed to start getting ready for the day. I walked into the hallway and was blown away with how bright the hallway was. I immediately texted J to tell him the sun was shining through Ava's room and it looked SO pretty! He had me take a picture to share the experience with him.  (The pictures really do not do it justice.)
 To this day, I have not seen the hallway as bright as it was on that morning. =)

I had instant peace come to me. Although our sweet lil princess isn't physically here with us, I know she is constantly showing us her presence. =)

After spending some time in her room, I went ahead and got ready. My parents came to pick me up and we headed over to the McKinney Trade Days.  Unfortuntately, we didn't find anything worth buying, but the weather was beautiful and it was great to get outside for a lil bit. There were several reminders of Ava, whether it be other new moms pushing their babies in their strollers or the "girly" booths selling cutesy bows and tutus. . . all in all, I held it together.  I just kept telling myself, hopefully, one day soon, I will get to look at all the cutesy bows and tutus with a smile and a need to buy them again.

Afterwards, my parents took me out to lunch. It was all a great distraction until our next step. Next, they dropped me off at the grocery store to get the pink balloons. I did fine until one of the ladies asked me why I was needing the pink balloons. Barely holding back the tears, I told her we were going to be doing a balloon launch to celebrate my infant daughters 1 month angelversary. They felt horrible and one of the ladies even asked me if she could give me a hug. After our hug, I thanked them and told them I would see them again next month to get another batch of pink balloons. As I walked to the car, I wished I would have been stronger so I could have shared more with them about our sweet princess. . .there's always next month.

Next, we headed back to the house. One of my friends brought B home from school and it was so great to sit and visit with her. Then J got home about an hour earlier than normal so he could spend more time with us. It was so nice having him at the house.  My mom had premade one of our favorite Mexican enchillada casseroles, so she baked that for us...it was delicous!! Then it was time to load up the car to go visit our princess.

For our balloon launch, I took a sharpie marker so we could each write our own personal message to Ava on a balloon. Here is B's message...him and I both wrote it because I was afraid he would press down to hard and pop the balloon. I knew he would be crushed if that happened.
After we each wrote our messages, we had a lil countdown and then we all released our balloons at the same time. It was a beautiful sight!

They went SO high in the air! It was amazing how long we were able to watch them.
The weather was ABSOLUTELY GOREGOUS too!
 
If you look closely in the above picture, you can still see our balloons right above the tree in the middle.  They went so high, it literally felt like they were going up to heaven to be with her.
 
Afterwards, we went home to have the dessert I baked, a yellow cake with pink icing, specifically chosen to match Ava's room. =) Then we said our goodbyes to my parents. I was thankful to spend the day/evening with them.  Overall, we had as good of a day as you can when you are celebrating your daughter's Angelversary. By the end of the day, I was exhausted and had a headache. I think from all the stress and anxiety. I was worried something might not turn out "perfectly" for our princess, but thankfully it all did.  It was perfect!
 
Next month, Ava's would be 2 month birthday will also be Brayden's 8th birthday so the celebration will continue. =)
 
SIDE NOTE: I've actually been working on this post for a couple of days.  When I just went to preview it, I noticed today's date at the top.  Coincidentally I am publishing this post on the 1 Month Anniversary of us having to say our final goodbyes to her precious lil body. We buried her on 3/16/13. We would give anythng in the world to just be able to touch her and kiss her sweet lil cheeks again. We miss her soo much!
 
Thanks for follwing along with us,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...