Friday, April 19, 2013

Not Ready for 18..

I am not ready for my sweet lil B to be 18!! I know that sounds so random, but today after I picked him up from school I told him we were going to go to our last Hobby Lobby to look for the cute lil angels I am obsessed with. His response, "ANOTHER ANGEL?!?!" I said, "yes, ANOTHER angel!" I told him I want to make sure we always have a lil angel for Ava. . . .a  year from now, 3 years from now, always. His response, "Even 10 years from now, when I'm 18??"

18?!? 18?!? I told him, I do not want to think of him being 18!  He is my lil boy and I'm not ready to think of him as 18 years old!!! I told him, I don't want to think of him as being a teenager. . .driving, having a girlfriend, going to college, etc. . . He tried to assure me he won't EVER have a girlfriend. He's practically had a girlfriend since pre-K, so I told him not having one as a teenager didn't sound possible. =) He also tried to comfort me to say that when he goes off to college, I will have plenty of pictures of him and I can just take a few of his pictures with me when I sleep to remember him. He said that helped him when J and I went on our honeymoon and he missed us.  I told him again, I just did.not.want to think about it. For now, I will just savor every moment with him. =)

We did find another angel at Hobby Lobby, B and I were so excited when we saw it!  After going to all 4 Hobby Lobby's within a 15 mile radius of our house, I think our search is over. We now have 5 extra angels.

Afterwards, we picked up some of his birthday party supplies and then I treated him (and me) to a much needed Braums Chocolate Malt. . .

Thanks for following along with us,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...