Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Review

I know I already posted about our Saturday morning and the March of Dimes in this post, but we had some other cute things happen that I wanted to be able to remember.

On Saturday, I went to Sonic Happy Hour to get us some 1/2 price sodas. My intention was to surprise J with a nice big 44oz Coke for all his hard work at the walk. I got home, brought B his slushie then went back to the car to get our drinks. . . I noticed one of them looked "emptyish" from the lid. . .originally I thought maybe they just didn't fill it all the way to the top. I went to grab the other one and noticed it had soda on the bottom. Then I discovered the "emptyish" look was in fact, a nearly empty 44oz cup! Apparently, in the cup holder was B's March of Dimes ribbon that he had given me.  The pin poked a hole in the cup. Luckily, the soda stayed in the two cup holders and didn't get anywhere else in the car. I went to wake J up and tell him about my "surprise" for him.  He asked if I had cleaned it up yet, and I said no, not yet. He said "well did you get a few napkins?". . .I said, no I dont think you quite understand. More than 1/2 of a 44oz Coke leaked into the cup holder. . . I think we are going to need a lil something more than napkins! =) Being the fabulous husband he is, he sprung into action and got some towels and cleaned the whole mess.

Meanwhile, one of B's school friends had called him on my phone and left a message asking if he could come over for a playdate. As soon I told B, he was SO excited! I had him call his friend back on his own. He had never talked to one of his friends on the phone before, so it was so funny to watch him. He was SOOOO giddy, he could barely carry on a conversation. He talks on the phone all the time to family and has NEVER acted like that. J and I were cracking up. I finally had to take over, just so I could get his friend's address. =) Afterwards, we all packed into the car and headed to drop B off. J and I then headed home to watch a movie we had rented.

After the movie, we went to pick B up and visited with the family for a lil bit. Then we headed over to Raising Cane's for dinner. As we were eating, about 4 high school couples walked in with their prom attire on. It was funny to watch B mesmerized by the girls sparkly, long dresses and the guys in their tuxes. I noticed there was only one other family in there along with the teenagers and us. I made the comment, "look there is a family just like us: a mom, dad, and son."  B instantly corrected me, "no, they aren't like us, we have 4 in our family, we also have a girl, Ava." =) I love that he corrected me and included our princess in our family dinner.

On Sunday, we tried something new. Since we all woke up early, we decided to go to the early church service. Afterwards we went to see Ava and brought her a new pinwheel. . .

We had a special moment with this pinwheel. . .the whole time we were visiting, the pinwheel never moved (even though all the other pinwheels were spinning strongly). Then the moment after we said our "goodbyes" her pinwheel started spinning. . .spinning strongly like all the other pinwheels. J and I both looked at each other with the same thought, it was as though our perfect lil princess was waving goodbye back to us. =)

Then we headed to Red Lobster for lunch. This was a difficult lunch for us because it was our first time to eat at Red Lobster since our celebration dinner of finding out we were having a baby girl. Although it was a lil over 6 months ago when we were so anxious to find out the gender, it felt like it was just yesterday.
Here is a super cute video from back then of J sharing our gender news with his parents. . .


As we finished lunch, we looked across the street at Buy Buy Baby and remembered how 6 months ago, we were SO excited to be having a girl we rushed in there after our dinner just to browse through all of the cute girly things.  Now, I have a couple of Buy Buy Baby giftcards that I didn't even get a chance to use on Ava. =(

After all of that reminiscing, we decided we are done with Red Lobster for awhile, well, at least that particular location.

We then headed home and all took naps before we headed to the park for B to practice his soccer skills.
The boys did a variety of soccer drills as I walked around the field multiple times in an attempt to start exercising. =) Afterwards to continue our new Sunday tradition of having chips and queso. . .we headed to Taco Cabana for dinner. Randomly, we bumped into our good friends there so we got to eat dinner with them.  It was such a nice surprise!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...