Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pinterest Inspired

I loved Pinterest. . .logging onto pinterest WAS a daily routine for me.  Last year, I got a ton of ideas/inspiration for our wedding from pinterest. If I ever wanted to be inspired for a new decorating idea, a new recipe, a new craft, a new hairdo, cute teaching ideas, exercise and cleaning tips, a cute gift idea, etc. . . You name it, pinterest has it all! I would log onto pinterest and just browse. You could probably go as far as to say I was addicted. =)

When I was on bedrest, I would scroll through the "children" category daily.  I was always looking into the newest baby trends, baby photography poses, fashion for Ava, hairbow ideas, sewing ideas for my mom to do, etc. . . Most of these ideas I pinned to my "Ava" board.  I couldn't wait to carry out all of my "Ava pins"!

One of the "pins" that I planned on doing for Ava's room was a frame with all of her first born information. I was so excited about it, I actually premade it the Sunday before we went to the hospital. Knowing I would want this done immediately, I initially used Brayden's birth weight and time for my template so it would be quicker for me to change once we knew Ava's information. I already had the frame and the location on her wall where I wanted to hang it. . .everything was ready to go.

Initially after Ava's passing, I wasn't for sure if I would finish the project. I just didn't know what we would do with it. I knew I didn't want to hang it on her wall where I originally planned because it would eventually have to be replaced or taken down.  Once we decided to make a "memory wall" for Ava, I decided to go ahead and finish it.

Here it is. . . one of my completed "pinterest inspired" Ava projects. . .
Up close. . . (you can't quite tell from the pictures, but the paper is 8x10).
It actually turned out better than I originally planned. =) Originally I was going to print it on white paper and each line was a different color to match her room. Not trusting that the color ink would actually come out as planned, I decided to switch to yellow paper with black ink.  I used pink jewels as the line spacers. I LOVE the pink jewels. . .it's just an extra, added touch, fitting for a princess. =)
 
Believe it or not, lately, I want nothing to do with pinterest. For now, it's a reminder of all the things I won't be able to do for Ava. Occasionally, I will still log on, but only if I have a very specific purpose, never just to browse like I once did.  I know, one day, probably sooner than later, I will find the joy in pinterest again.

Thanks for following along with us,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...