Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Morning Reflections

On our way to school this morning, I had an epiphany.  B was sound asleep and I was left with just my thoughts. I started thinking about what most everyone, especially in my home state, is thinking about right now, the tornado in Moore, OK yesterday and all of the tragic distruction it caused.

Before I get to my epiphany, let me give you a quick back story first. . .
The other day, I posted about Brayden accidently getting in the pool with his iTouch in his pocket. I was very devastated! I'm a very sentimental person and I get attached to things very easily. Sad to say, I was very attached to B's iTouch. I was VERY attached to the memories of it, his pictures, his pictures of Ava, even his apps. While I was on bedrest, I would help B (daily) play a particular game on his iTouch so he could "level up" faster.  I know it sounds SO ridiculous. =)

Yesterday, after we set his iTouch in a bag of rice for almsot 48hours we decided to check on it. I plugged it into my car charger and we got really excited when we saw this. . .
Better than a blank screen, right? We crossed our fingers and couldn't wait to get home to connect it to a computer/iTunes.  After a few minutes of it on the charger, B asked if he could see it so I passed it back to him and he had the obvious/brilliant idea of actually turning it on to see if it worked. Once he did, we got this. . .
B and I immediately cheered! He exclaimed "it's a miracle!! It's a gift from Ava!"  We were so excited!

Unfotunately, once we started using it, we noticed the "home" button doesn't seem to work. Once you are in an app, you have to turn it completely off and then back on to exit out of the app. B played around with it and after a few times of turning it off/on, it decided to stay off.  I hadn't even had a chance to connect it to the computer to back everything up. The iTouch went back into the bag of rice and instant devastation for us both.

Now, back to my epiphany. . .
As I was driving to work, I couldn't stop thinking about the tornado news coverage I had just finished watching before we left the house.  HUNDREDS of families lost EVERYTHING they owned including all of their family special pictures and memories they had.  It's very simple, but in the grand scheme of things, the loss of B's iTouch is NOTHING in comparison to what soo many others have lost the last couple of days.  His iTouch is replaceable (with his own money).  I need to be thankful of all the other pictures we have of Ava and B and not hung up on the ones we don't have from his iTouch. . .there are families that lost EVERYTHING.

Praying for all the victims, first responders, and volunteers! Can't even imagine!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...