Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ava's First and Only Night

After a busy day of loving and snuggling on our lil princess...my parents and B had to say their goodbyes to us about 6:30. The three of them had to go out of town on Tuesday to visit my grandpa, so this was the last of their time with Ava. NEVER in our wildest dreams/nightmares would we have EVER thought those goodbyes would truly be their last goodbyes to Ava.

I SO wish they could have spent more time with her! A couple of things I regret from that day...one, we never took a family picture of all four of us together. (If we are blessed with another child, that will be the FIRST thing we do!)  Secondly, my dad had spent most of Monday at our house installing the baby video cameras in Ava and B's rooms, rather than spending most of the day with Ava and us at the hospital. J and him had already installed them, but I didn't like the chords hanging down the walls to the outlet. Everything had to be perfect for our princess' arrival, so my dad redid them by running the chords through the attic and ceiling. We now have two perfectly installed video cameras with no chords showing.  And if I wasn't such a perfectionist my dad would have been able to spend those precious hours with his only grandaughter.

I AM thankful that my oldest sister was able to spend the evening with us. J, her and I all had room service hospital cafeteria food for dinner. After we ate, my sister and I introduced Ava to reality tv...the finale of "The Bachelor" as J started to doze off. He's not a fan of reality tv, so we went ahead and sent him home to let Lilly out, take a real nap and shower before he came back to spend the evening with Ava and I.  After J left, my sister and I gabbed away about any and every lil thing. I will forever treasure this special "girly" time with my sister and Ava.  Now watching "The Bachelor" will never be the same for me. =) My sister also got to change Ava's first dirty diaper...I texted J a pic of what he missed out on, but I'll save you guys from it. =)

About midnight, J came back to the hospital to relieve my sister so she headed back to my parents house.  It was just J, Ava and me for the night. J laid down on his recliner that turned into a "bed". He was quick to fall asleep as I gazed at our lil girl in her hospital crib.  The next morning I gave J a hard time about how much sleep he got and how lil sleep I got. =) He had no idea that the nurses came in all throughout the night to check on Ava, check on me, drew blood from me, etc. He was out! The most precious thing though, THE moment Ava cried out just a lil bit, J was immediately up out of his "bed" to see what she needed.  He did the same if I called his name. Even though he snored through the nurses coming in and out, THE moment one of his girls needed him, he was wide awake meeting our needs. Love him and love how he takes care of all of us. =)
A sweet pic of Ava sleeping...although I think this was actually from a nap earlier in the day rather than in the evening. =)

Thanks for following along with us!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...