Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Review

Saturday morning, B had a soccer game, bright and early at 8am.  This was my first game of the season, so I was excited to go watch him play. As we watched B play, the field behind him was a game being played by girls just a lil younger than B.  As the girls caught my attention, while B was over on the sideline. . . doing who knows what =)
 If you look closely, you can see a huge smile on his face. =)
That's him under the blanket. . .in his defense, it was chilly out there! =)
 
The thoughts crossed my mind that the last time I had gone to a game, J and I were discussing in four years or so we would also be going to watch Ava play.  We would be the parents that were having to shuffle between watching two kids. I also thought about how excited B was for Ava to come watch him play. Right before she was born, he was already asking me if Ava and I would be able to go to his game that coming Saturday. I told him I wasn't quite sure if she would be ready to be outside, it would all depend on the weather and how I would be feeling. . . .little did I know, that Saturday, instead of Ava going to watch her proud big brother at his soccer game, he would be having to say goodbye to his lil sister as we burried her.

Here are a couple of my favorite pics from his game. . .
 
Again, no idea what he was doing. . . but I promise he really did play. =)

One of the nights when B couldn't go to sleep he had mentioned that he was so upset that Ava never got to see him play soccer or even see him in his soccer uniform. So after his game and breakfast, we went to see our lil princess.

Afterwards, we went to check out an indoor swimming pool where B was wanting to have his birthday party. We had only been there once before when B was much younger, so before I booked it, I wanted to make sure he would like it.  Luckily, he liked it a lot and they still had a few openings so we were able to book it for the Saturday after his birthday.  Now, I get to plan an indoor pool party. =)

Once we got home, we visited with the neighbors a lil bit as B played outside. Then J's cousins were in the Dallas area to see Thomas the Train so they stopped by our house afterwards. It was so great to see them and watch TJ get the hang of driving his new jeep that B passed down to him. Luckily for us, TJ has many years ahead to master his driving skills. =)
He is such a lil a cutie!
 
Afterwards, I was worn out from our busy day!. . .This was way more activity than I have been use to in the last several months, so J took B to the park to play and kick around his soccer ball while I took a nap. Love that they give me quiet time and let me get my rest when needed. =)

On Sunday we visited a new (to us) church and really enjoyed it. They had just started a new series "Making Sense out of the NonSense of Life" the week before and it was so fitting to our life right now. It was so touching, a few times I teared up and B immediately wrote me a note to me "are you ok mommy?" (If his handwriting hadn't been so atrocious, I would show it off.) =) As we walked to our car, both J and I felt as though the pastor was talking directly to us and were really moved by it.  We are excited to go back next week as they continue the series!

Afterwards I went to lunch with one of my best friends and two of her best friends. It was so great to get out of the house and have a "girly" lunch.  The boys went to lunch and then to Dave and Busters or "David's Buster" as B calls it. They had a great time! I laughed when B walked in with a big pink ball. I thought maybe he chose that on purpose for Ava, but then he told me the real story. Right before they left, B wanted to do the "claw machine" (something I would never let him do). =) I guess there was a similar orange/blue ball that he was trying to get, but instead the pink ball dropped down. When he told me his animated version of the story, a huge smile came to my face. I told him, I guess that was Ava's doing, letting you guys know that she was there with ya. :)

Shortly after they got back, our doorbell rang. It was B's neighbor friend and her friend asking if he could play. He was SO excited. . .the weather was beautiful so they played outside as J and I took advantage of a quiet house and took a nap. After B and his friends played for awhile, B came inside asking if J could take them to the park to play. Being the trooper he is, J walked the kids to the park and watched them play while I got to catch up on the DVR.

When they got back, we went to go visit Ava, B took his pink ball and shared his story with Ava. Afterwards, we went out to dinner to have chips and queso and taco salads. . .our new Sunday routine. . .visiting Ava and having chips and queso for dinner. =)

 
We had a pretty busy, fun filled weekend. =)
 
Thanks for following along with us,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...