Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ava's Memory Wall

When I was pregnant, one of the things we tried to prepare B ahead of time was that he would need to share "wall" space with Ava, specifically with pictures displayed around the house. We already had warned him that some of his pictures that were on display would probably have to be taken down so we could put new pictures of Ava on the wall. Thankfully, he understood and was good with that.

At the top of our stairs we have our "B wall". It's a picture display that I wasn't quite ready to part with. . .

Before Ava was born we had already decided that we would give her, a similiar, special picture wall in our upstairs hallway.  After Ava passed away, J and I both knew that we still wanted to do her picture wall. Now, it would just turn into her special memory wall.

Shortly after we decided to continue on with Ava's memory wall, my mom and I went to Mardels and Hobby Lobby to get a variety of frames and other special memorbilla. Once I started putting all of the frames together, I quickly realized that Ava's memory wall was going to take up the ENTIRE wall! Oops! =) You might say, I overdid it, just a lil bit, but can anything ever be "overdone" for a princess?!?!




The frame on the left, I jazzed up a lil bit. . .originally it was just a pink glitter frame, but on the bottom I added a brown headband of Ava's along with painting/adding the crosses and adding the princess crown.  We LOVE the picture in that frame because to us it is "life size". . .it gets lots of extra kisses as we walk by it. =)

This Ava sign was originally hanging above her crib. I had made it to match all of her bedding.



 I jazzed this frame up too by painting it pink and of course adding the pink flower. =)

Even though our sweet princess is no longer with us, we still feel SO blessed that she is apart of our life. We feel SO blessed that we were able to spend 36 hours in pure joy, holding and showering her with all of our love.

That is a picture that B had drawn for Ava before she was born. He wanted to include it on her special memory wall too. =)

We finished Ava's memory wall a lil over a month ago.  It was one of my projects that I wanted completed before I went back to school.  Some might think it would be hard to have her pictures displayed in one of our main hallways, but we LOVE it!

After J and I finished hanging everything up, we stepped back to admire our princess' wall. I asked J, "do you think it's too much?" He replied, "for a diva, you can never have too much." Then we teased that our next child won't have any special wall space because we've run out of room. =) Hopefully they won't be the jealous type. =)

Thanks for following along with us,
post signature

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...