Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter "Eve"

Easter Eve...although today was a hard day for us, we tried to make the best of it and do things for Ava.

B and I started the day hiding/finding Easter eggs in the house.  I love when he "hides" the eggs, yet they are out in the most obvious places. =) When I hid the eggs, I tried to use strategy by evenly distributing the eggs in the different hiding rooms so I could remember where I hid them, yet I still forgot where I hid one. =) As we were doing this, I thought Ava needs a pink Easter egg!  So after we finally found the last Easter egg (hidden in one of B's Crocs), we all got in the car to go visit our sweet, lil angel. Once we got to Babyland, I was surprised how much others had decorated for Easter and realized next year, we really need to step it up, our princess deserves the best!

After we each had our special time visiting with her, we headed to Lowes to look at their flowers. Luckily for us, they had a huge pot of all pink gerber daisies that we thought would be perfect for the front porch. Unfortunately, they didn't have any pink gerber daisies to plant, so we went with the next best color for her...yellow. After we purchased our new pretty "Ava" plants, we went to lunch, then home to plant.  Well, J and B planted while I supervised. =) J read the directions on the plants and realized we needed mulch, something we didn't get while at Lowes. Another dreaded trip back to Walmart for me.

Once I got home,  J started laying down the mulch, I decided to do a dreaded task that was long overdue...throw out the flowers we have received and clean up the vases.  All of the flowers we received were absolutely GORGEOUS and they were all just so perfect, it was soo hard to get rid of them, but it needed to be done.

Once those tasks were done, B and I decided to make an Easter treat that we saw on pinterest the day before..
Chocolate Chip Cookie "Nests" with Cadbury Mini Eggs...they were delicious and super easy to make! The best part, B was SUPER excited about them! =)

B also got a care package from one of my sisters (Gigi as he calls her), so he had a good time playing with his new goodies while we waited for our "nests" to bake. After he tasted our baking skills, he facetimed Gigi to thank her and then they did their own Easter egg hunt, virtually. He had a great time! It was so great to hear him so excited and laughing.

They facetimed/played until it was time for B to go to bed.  Bedtime is one of B's hardest time of the day and tonight he had an extra difficult time going to sleep. I'm not for sure if he just couldn't get his mind off of Ava or if it was partly the excitement of the Easter Bunny coming to visit. Either way, this lil boy was not wanting/able to go to sleep. We did our usual bedtime routine and then we said our goodnights. I stayed in his room a lil extra longer because he was in tears and not wanting me to go. After a lil while, I told him I had to go ahead and go and I would come back in a lil bit to check on him. After about 10 minutes, he texted me and said "I am not going to have a good Easter." I replied, "Why do you say that?!" He then replied with a few sad/crying emoticons and typed "Because AVA died" with more crying emoticons.  I texted back "lets not use that "d" word.  Let's say because Ava "passed away" or because Ava "went to be with Jesus"...mommy doesn't like the D word." I immediately went into his room to give him a big hug and wiped away his tears. He asked me, "I still just don't understand why Jesus had to take Ava....doesnt he know that we were all ready for her down here?? We had her room all ready and we had all these cute clothes for her that she'll never get to wear. We planned on doing all these fun things with her and playing with her." I tried to explain that we don't know why he decided to take her, but she is in a much better place, but just like me, he doesn't understand why. After a few more minutes of conversation, I decided to give him some time. Meanwhile, I texted J (who was just downstairs) to let him know that B was having a hard time going to sleep and he might need to give it a try. He came upstairs, talked to him for a few minutes then I suggested he read him an Easter story to help get his mind off of things.  Finally, 3 hours later, just short of midnight, this sweet lil boy finally decided to call it a night...

He found another pink egg for Ava. =)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...