Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Family Introductions

Thank you for following along with us as we travel back in time and share about our sweet, lil Ava. :)

If you have not read about her birth yet, you can read it here and our night before preparation here

I wanted to share a few more pictures of her when she was first born that I didn't include in the last post.

I think I forgot to mention in my previous post, Ava was a healthy 5 pounds 10 ounces, and 17.5 inches long. (Oddly, the EXACT same length as Brayden when he was born.)
 
Can you believe how big her umbilical cord is?!?! The doctors and nurses were all impressed. :) Just in case you haven't read about her birth, her umbilical cord was left long so J could cut it before her first sponge bath.
Her first mommy kiss.

Our first picture of the three of us.

Although it's not the most flattering of me, here is a picture of Ava and me that I am very thankful to have. I am thankful for this picture because quite honestly I do not even remember this moment. As I was writing one of the previous post, I had asked J, "how did we transport Ava from the operating room into our room?"...He had to remind/tell me that I held her in my arms as we transitioned into the room. I had no recollection of it...I'm hoping it's only because of the medicine I was on and not that my memory of our special moments is already starting to fade me. So here is pic of me and Miss Ava going back to our room...
I know the picture doesn't show it very well, but I promise I have my arm around her. :)
 
One of the first things we did once we were in our room (after showing her to Brayden) was introduced Ava to my parents and my oldest sister.  I am SO thankful we have these pictures too...

 
 
Unfortunately, Jason's parents could not be with us this day. (I'll share their introduction to Ava on a future post, I'm doing my best to go in chronological order.)  They had already taken off work for a few days the next week to come spend with us which was Ava's original planned csection due date before we had to bump it up a week. They thought they could wait until then to see her, but Jason knew as soon as he texted a picture of Ava to his dad, that they would not be able to wait a whole week to see her....and thankfully he was right. Shortly after he texted his dad, his dad called him to congratulate him and say we'll see ya tomorrow.  
 
After the introductions, Brayden was able to open his Big Brother gift from Ava. Of course, he was so excited to get a gift. :)
 

 
He immediately had to put on his Big Brother shirt and then hold his baby sister, he was so proud!



He was diligently listening to instructions on how to properly hold her. :)
 
Seeing these pictures/video of Brayden holding Ava, literally breaks my heart each time I look at them. For anyone new to our story, Brayden was so excited, not only to be a Big Brother, but to have a baby sister as well. He was SOOO excited when we found out Ava was a girl!  He wanted a baby sister so bad and I just feel like all that joy was just ripped away from him...something no 7 year old should have to endure.  We pray that one day, he will get to feel the joy and excitement of being a big brother again. :)


post signature

2 comments:

  1. He will, love. I know you will be blessed again and joyful. You are to amazing of a woman and mother, not to. So much love to you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. We've been praying for you guys during this hard time. I think it's wonderful that you are writing down all these memories so you can have them with you forever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...