Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

B was so excited the Easter Bunny came to visit him last night! He left a great basket full of goodies!
Unfortunately I was still sleeping when he discovered his basket, so I didn't get to capture his excitement with a photo. By the time I saw it, nearly everything had already been opened into. =)
 
After church, we went to visit our sweet lil angel. As soon as we pulled up, I could immediately tell that her flowers and pinwheel we put down last week were still there, along with her Easter egg we gave her yesterday. We had a huge storm this morning so I wasn't quite sure if everything would still be there, but luckily it was, just as we had left it for her. =)
 
Easter 2013
Not how I envisioned Ava's first Easter picture to be...or ANY picture to be for that matter. =(
 
After our visit, we came home and had a nice lunch, then it was time to boil and dye Easter eggs. I had just recently found an article on Yahoo on how to properly boil eggs, so we tried it out.  Apparently I had been boiling eggs wrong for all these years. =)

We attempted to watch the movie Hop while we were doing eggs, but "someone" has watched it a few too many times. Thirty minutes into the movie it was so scratched it wouldn't progress so we're going to try again tonight with the BluRay version.
 
Just as soon as we finished up with the eggs, B's neighborhood friend came over to play. After they played outside for a lil bit (J and I cleaned up the eggs), they came back in to play B's new xbox game from the Easter bunny...Dance Central 3. I'm not sure who had more fun, them or J and I watching/laughing at them as they danced. =)
 
Here is a lil snippet of one of their dances....(They had no idea I was recording them.)

 
The last 20 seconds or so is my favorite part of the video. =)
 
Overall, we had a really good Easter. We miss our sweet lil princess DEARLY, but I think for today, the smiles and laughs outweighed the tears...for today.
 
Thanks for following along on this new journey with us. =)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...