Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Night Before Ava's Birth

This time two weeks ago, Jason and I were on cloud 9 full of excitement and anticipation knowing that in the morning we would be heading to the hospital for the arrival of our baby girl, Ava. Brayden had spent the weekend with my parents so he could have some special time with them before he became a Big Brother and it also allowed Jason and I time to do a couple of last minute preparations for Ava's big arrival. We were so giddy, all day long we kept counting down the hours and saying "I can't believe in xx amount of hours, we are going to see our lil princess and be brand new parents!!" We had everything ready to go for her, my hospital bag was packed, and the cameras and video camera were all ready to go. We were just impatiently counting down the hours. :)

At 38 weeks pregnant, we had a scheduled csection for Monday, 3/11/13 at 8am. We were supposed to be at the hospital at 6am, but of course since neither Jason nor I can EVER be on time, we showed up fashionably late about 6:20am. Luckily they give you some lead time. :) We were checked into our room and I had Jason take one last pregnant picture of me...

Since I had been on bed rest from week 32, I didn't really get a chance to take many cute pregnancy pics, so I wanted to make sure we had at least one picture of me fully bloomed. :)

We had a wonderful nurse that prepped me for surgery. Shortly after she had me prepped, my parents, Brayden and oldest sister all arrived bright and early to wish us good luck. We took one last photo, of the three of us:

Then the doctor came in to say good morning and check on us.
Everyone and everything was ready to go...including Jason in his "hazmat suit" as he called it. :)

Finally, it was 8am and time for us to head back to surgery...
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...